Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 216890 times)

Offline allimac0105

• Good Vibes 0
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #1680 on: January 17, 2012, 08:05:50 am »
Hi Justin!

I came across your fantastic site about a month ago and just want to say thank you very much! I started struggling with the chords and everything 15 years ago but did not have the time nor the patience to keep it up so the guitar went in to the closet. Now I finally took it out and with your lessons it is fun again because I make progress! The one-minute-change is brilliant, it is helping me a lot. Yesterday I received my Beginners Songbook and it looks fantastic as well.

Johnny
Sweden

Offline Daudr

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1681 on: January 18, 2012, 01:00:46 am »
I just got Rocksmith and through my new obsession with Guitar I found out about Justin and this site from another forum. This is truly amazing! Thank you for all the hard work and phenomal information you have provided!

Offline Caribou115

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 4
« Reply #1682 on: January 18, 2012, 06:55:44 am »
Justin,

I was 'playing' guitar for 2 years, just messing about, before I stumbled upon your website. It was around that time when I had picked up my guitar and said:
'OK, enough *******t, no more flirting, I wanna learn everything about you.' Since then I started spending lots of time on dedicated, focused practice and I have grown a lot as a player. But most of that is thanks to your structured lessons and tips. I really fell in love with the instrument and your like my 'relation-therapist'.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
God bless you. (Don't believe in god, just a saying :-) )

greetz for Belgium,
Tom

Offline craig1971

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1683 on: January 19, 2012, 07:07:06 pm »
Hi craig1971 here just to say thanks for the great website and also just got your beginners songbook to go with the course lovely jubbly very easy to pick up great videos keep up the great work! ;D

Offline peacetranquility

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1684 on: January 27, 2012, 01:22:54 am »
Hi justin I feel I owe you a massive massive thanks that big a thanks words can't simply really explain ! however I'll do my best.I first came across your site a while back when I was going throw a very dark time in my life.I was thrown out of school,gang fighting,getting arrested,doing most drugs and was very suicidal.One xmas I got a Fender Acoustic Guitar and I started trying to learn and failed miserably until I found this site.Once I progressed my taste in music changed and I started listening to Pink Floyd,Bb King,Eric Clapton etc etc as opposed to Tiesto and 50 Cent LOL ! This type of music gave me a sense of hope and security almost , it changed the way I looked at life and the Guitar kept me off the streets.I am now 17 and studying Biomedical Science at University and hope to graduate and become a Doctor by the age of 21, and when Im not too busy studying I play some Gigs in some Pubs and Clubs in and around Glasgow (student life is hard and bursarys just dont cut it lol).I also work as a volunteer at a local drop in centre and there I work with kids that are going through the same kind of stuff I did in my unforgetable past (I also teach them guitar).Thanks again mate and I'd love to hear from the extraordinary chap who essentially changed my life.

Stu
Glasgow

Offline guitarnoob64652

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1685 on: January 28, 2012, 03:16:04 am »
dude, i have only just got on this website. but you have already helped my guitar skills for folkstyle. my name is justin too, and i reckon that folk is the type i have always wanted to play  :D :D :)

Offline Drubbing

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 50
« Reply #1686 on: January 28, 2012, 07:06:35 am »
Justin

This is an incredible body of work you've put up here, and to put it up as a free/honour system makes it even more so.

You should also know that your talents as a teacher may well exceed the others you clearly possess. I'm generally self taught with most things; I went to Uni for the first time at 38, had 2 kids and a f/t job, had a third during study. So I couldn't attend lectures and was given a lot of slack with getting to tutes as well. So I think I'm well armoured for the rigours of learning guitar.

But I wouldn't attempt guitar all by myself. Luckily the web means you don't have to. I checked out a few online teachers and some of the US guys are pretty good, but tend to use the free stuff to spam your inbox to buy their stuff, plus they don't manage a forum (which is another big job too). That just makes me less inclined to hook up with them.

You came recommended on a Aus forum and just watching a few of your vids, it was clear you had put a great deal of effort and thought into what you put out there. A man who dedicates whole vids to picks and how lightly to fret, is making sure people get going right. It must be a Taswegian thing...

Thanks. I'm only a few days into this, but whenever I get stuck on something really basic, I jump on your site and find an answer for it, or at least some perspective that such teething is completely normal.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 10:54:38 am by Drubbing »

Offline fendertc90

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1687 on: January 28, 2012, 12:27:03 pm »
Hi Justin

Before I found your great website, I bought tuition books, DVDs and had a few one to one lessons but just starting out learning the guitar was a confusing time for me as I didn't know which method was the best and eveyone you spoke to who played, had different advice but all had been self taught with the help of the methods I have mentioned.

I have bought your Beginner's Course book and I just want to say that it is so helpful to me in the way it conveys the information so well and in a simple and friendly manner that can be easlily understood.

The lessons are ideally structured so that the learner not only builds up the knowledge in easy stages, but there are tests of understanding that should be taken before going onto the next lesson which I find particularly good.

Keep up the good work!

Fender TC-90 Thinline Semi hollow, Tanglewood TW45 acoustic & Line 6 amp

Offline Flamesn

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1688 on: January 30, 2012, 01:22:29 pm »
Hey how you doin Flamesn here!

thank you so much for the great lessons, i can´t stop watching these.

Last week i spend Justin more time than i did to my girlfriend :D

i just bought the "Beginner´s Songbook" (its a good way for me to say thanks for this awesome webside) and
i´m very happy to show my friends who my guitar teacher is :D

i see you very soon so take care of yourself,
bye bye

Offline trickyvic3

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1689 on: February 01, 2012, 04:43:18 pm »
Justin,
Just wanted to let you know that what you have done here is fantastic!! You make learning so easy and fun. I stumbled upon this site yesterday, and am hooked. I've been playing for many years, yet still have much to learn.

Now that I am a member here I'm sure I will be spending most of my time here lol. I think what your doing here is wonderful and just want to say thank you.

Also wanted to let you know that my donation will be on it's way shortly !!
Keep up the great work my friend, and I look forward to a big future with you. ;)

Vic
Just an old fart still wanting to rock out !!

Offline NHoffmanfr

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #1690 on: February 02, 2012, 08:53:10 am »
Thank you so much for all the great lessons!!!!!! I hope I can be a great guitar player one day thanks to you  :D. Neil Young rules!!!!!!

Offline Rasta Linus

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1691 on: February 02, 2012, 06:08:45 pm »
Thanks Justin.  I started playing a little over a month ago and through a lot of playing and following the videos you put on youtube I have really gotten noticeably better.  I appreciate what you do.

Offline Diamond Dave

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 11
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #1692 on: February 03, 2012, 05:19:51 am »
Thanks, Justin. Your site is incredible.

Dave
WARNING: Everything I post may be wrong. :)
Some guitars, a ukulele and an amp.

Offline StickyFingers

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1693 on: February 06, 2012, 02:54:10 pm »
Hi There,

Just wanted to take a minute to say : "THANK YOU!"
For all the effort you put in, and for the fantastic help your lessons are!

Also to note... You're not that bad a singer... You often comment that you're off key!  ;)...

Thanks a million!!  :-*

Offline lsharr

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1694 on: February 07, 2012, 10:29:38 am »
A great big thanks, Justin!!!!
I had about 15 years in the music industry in the 70's and 80's. Had experience with brass, percussion, back-up vocals, and even working in a friends recording studio. At one time I had four guitars, but never could find anyone to teach me how to play in a way that was not torture. Recently purchased 2 guitars and happened across your site. Have learned more in a month from you than in all the other classes combined. Purchased your theory e-book and the fretboard is starting to make sense. Already past the sore fingers and I am now starting on the scales and patterns. Again; many, many thanks.