Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 211560 times)

Offline JZMassive

• Positive Vibrations: 0
The Thank You Thread
« on: October 12, 2008, 05:30:36 pm »
A couple of days ago a friend recommended this site to me, so I thought I'd give it a shot as I was looking to learn theory for my guitar playing. I couldn't believe it when I found a site that wasn't swamped with adverts, false claims and anyone and everyone trying to sell me stuff I don't want.

The lessons have helped me so far and will continue to do so. Just wanting to say thanks to Justin and everyone that keeps this site going, it really is a haven.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:38:46 pm by TB-AV »

Offline Classical_Guitar_Guy

Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 04:57:14 am »
 I have been a fan of yours now for a little over a year.  Well since I was released from Fl DOC.  And I give you full props for what I have seen in just the last year.  A real generosity, a love of guitar playing, a sincere friendly vibe; all of these idealistic ways permeate throughout my small insignificant existence and perpetuate into the lives of others who have never heard the name Justin Sandercoe.

You transcend the spirit of what guitar playing is all about and I thank you for that.  Playing the guitar is my self help, my therapy, my slow climb back to hapiness through education.  And you have been a dynamic inspiration in my restoration and healing. 

Thanks again dude, and please never evaluate your success in dollar amounts or underestimate your true calling, which is to teach the LOVE of playing the guitar. 

With Admiration and Respect,
Classical Guitar Guy

Offline jiggyjohn_guitar

• Pub Night Playa
  • Positive Vibrations: -1
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 02:29:32 pm »
this jiggy john...i really appreciate the marvellous job yu r doin...i stay in INDIA but i really wish to come to UK n ve direct guitar class with yu..thanks to jedi for his kind support as well...i wrote couple of times to jedi...im gettin lots of tips frm ur site n tats true..im still in beginners stage but i  aspire to be in a much higher stage n im workin towards that nw..so keep up the gud work guys..yu guys r amazing..cheers!
jiggy:)
mEtaLLiCa rOcKsss!

Offline bart

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 01:51:49 pm »
Hi Justin and Team,

Let me quickly introduce myself. My name is Bart, 38, live in Belgium and discovered your site/forum recently.

I used to play guitar in a (rock/metal) band more than 20 years ago. Last couple of months I got the 'guitar vibes' again,
so decided to buy a guitar. (Ibanez GRG serie) At least I can say now I have a hobby again :-)
I don't have a real amp. I use Cubase and Amplitube amp plugin.

After picking up some basics again, practicing scales/chords etc, I decided to go on the net and look for some info.
Man, what a difference. In my days, I had to travel to certain cities where I could buy books with tabs/chords in it.
Now, you just google for something and there you go.

I think your site is great. For the beginning musician, you can find tons of examples to practice
and it gives me a lot of inspiration to come up with new licks etc.

I don't have a lot of time to spend, due to busy professional life, but from time to time when I have an hour to spare,
I like to fool around with my guitar a bit. Also travel a lot so I'm seperated from my new toy a lot.

Anyway, thanks again and well done you and team. This is great stuff !

Regards - Bart

Offline TB-AV

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 257
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 03:09:59 pm »
Welcome Bart,

Have fun!
TB-  SOUNDCLOUD
HexaramaQuadraFunk©

Offline bart

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 04:12:55 pm »
Thx.

I also welcome comments/tips/questions from everybody on this forum !

Bart

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 84
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 04:34:47 pm »
Greetings Fellow Belgian (I'm from Mechelen)

Offline bart

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 05:58:17 pm »
Haha cool.
Don't you think this site is great?

And the internet, man, what a great resource.
In my 'old' days, I had to search for tabs/chords myself by 'ear', now you just google it.

Hope I can improve my game a little.

Cheers - Bart

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 84
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 09:37:48 pm »
when you've got the vids all figured out, you'll learn something alright :)

yeah the site is great...that might explain my number of posts :p

Offline N o o R

• ßL@çK SçøRpîøÑ
    • Pizza Hut - Pakistan
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 08:13:45 am »
thanks............

Offline Chance

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 04:44:59 pm »
I have never posted anything anywhere (don't know if I'm doing this correctly either) but I had to make an effort to say "Thank you Justin" You are truly a class act. I have been all over the internet looking for help as a beginning guitarist, and both you and your site have been incredibly helpful and thorough, I have donated what I can, but almost feel guilty about how much you have provided for so little in return. I'm rambling now, but seriously, if you see this....Thank you.

Sincerly,
           Chance J.   Phx, AZ. USA

Offline Xaromir

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 21
  • Coolthulhu
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 09:10:51 am »
I have donated what I can, but almost feel guilty about how much you have provided for so little in return.

Same here, donated a little while back. :/
But i hope it adds up. ^^
_██_ 
.o_ರೃ Seriously now!

Offline fitadude

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 04:24:25 pm »
Justin,
Thank you so much for your help on your site. Life have been tough for a bit with just recovering from cancer, then having trouble with my wrists then getting laid off from my job. Things are tough in the U.S. but we have been spoiled for so many years. We are just getting a taste of what has been a common thing in the rest of the world.
I have always wanted to play guitar but never thought I could. I am sure I will never be a pro I will be able to use it in the youth ministry that I have at my Church.
I am quite short at the moment but when I get back on my feet you will be getting a good donation I promise you that. I have told some other people about your fantastic site and I know they said they will donate as well.
Again thank you for your site and effort and love of music. God bless you in all that you do and Have a very merry Christmas to you and your family.

Offline mozza

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 10:36:11 pm »
Just a quick post to say how much I am enjoying the web site (working thru the blues at present) + wish all the very best for the festive season and New Year to Justin and all the site users.
If music be the food of love......
Mozza

Offline giovanni78

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 07:03:36 am »
hi there

first of all my name is giovanni i'm from holland 30 years old.
so please forgive my if my grammar is wrong.
i just start playing the guitar for about 2 months, a guitar my father gave to me. and just looked on the internet for some cool things and stumbeld on your site and never looked futher.
i took your lessons and now i can already play some songs and my father was stun by it so thanks for that .
i know you rather see a other thank you but i prommise that next year i will donate because for now it's well you know .
so first of all i wanna thank you personal and your team as well for this great site and helping me with my guitar.

so i wish you and evry one who has made this possible a verry merry christhmass and a rocking new year

greetings giovanni from holland
ps i read on your forum that you a recording a cd and that you may be touring in europe? any changes your touring in the netherlands please keep me posted thanx