Author Topic: JA-011 • Jazz Up Your Blues 2 (A7 and D7 Arpeggio)  (Read 6669 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 108
    • justinguitar.com
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:50:03 pm by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline halfstep

• Positive Vibrations: 0
Re: JA-011 • Jazz Up Your Blues 2 (A7 and D7 Arpeggio)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:38:14 am »
I have a question on this lesson.  When the rhythm guitar switches chords from A7 to D7, are you supposed to start the next arpeggio section on the root of the new chord, or does it matter at all?

Offline steveo2

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 73
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 03:13:15 am »
I have a question on this lesson.  When the rhythm guitar switches chords from A7 to D7, are you supposed to start the next arpeggio section on the root of the new chord, or does it matter at all?
he changes in the clip.
you can play the a over the plain D major and it sounds ok but not so well for the a7 notes .
I would change as he does in the clip ;D

Offline halfstep

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 03:42:02 pm »
I can do the changes he does in the video.  I'm not expert on seeing all the notes he's hitting, but I'm trying to learn.  But my question is more in general.  Is it more common to switch between arpeggios starting on the root note, or does it matter at all?  Should I be thinking about that when I'm improvising?

Offline steveo2

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 73
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 07:39:14 pm »
I can do the changes he does in the video.  I'm not expert on seeing all the notes he's hitting, but I'm trying to learn.  But my question is more in general.  Is it more common to switch between arpeggios starting on the root note, or does it matter at all?  Should I be thinking about that when I'm improvising?
I answered best I could!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,
what do your ears tell you?
I told you what I hear without more theory I can't answer you any better sorry.
Theory can only explain music :o
PS you need to know the note he is hitting and why he plays them.
They are all chord tones from the scale and they all sound good ;D

Offline Joppnl

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 09:35:51 pm »
I think an important thing is not mentioned in the video.

As Justin plays the A arpegggio he say he's playing an A, C#, E, G A but, what I think is more and most important: he's playing the 1, maj3rd, 5th, b7 and 8 of the scale.

So, if you can find the notes in this way on i.e. the 'normal' major scale it's simple to play the arpeggio scale by remembering the 1, maj3, 5, b7,8 which applies of course to both the scales starting with the root on the E and A string.

Great lesson by the way, 'though playin way to long without making a lot of progression these lessons help me making it!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:51:08 pm by Joppnl »

Offline TB-AV

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 249
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 01:32:43 am »

Makes no difference. it's up to you. especially in the chords change in the middle of a run. If it's slower thing you might want to be ont eh root note as they change. It's your call. whatever sounds good.

TB-  SOUNDCLOUD
HexaramaQuadraFunk©