Author Topic: AR-003 • Dominant 7th Arpeggios  (Read 15139 times)

Offline JB95

• Good Vibes 0
Re: AR-003 • Dominant 7th Arpeggios
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 08:19:03 pm »
perfect 5th? In case you didn't know, all of this is new to me, so if you're going to explain something to me with stuff like that, explain that too!
The F5 was just an example by the way!

I checked out the dominant arpeggio page at this site and saw this arpeggio formula:  R ^ 3 ^ 5 ^ b7 (of the major scale)
What does it mean?

Anyways, I no loger clue-less one those other ways of doing a chord, since I discovered the CAGED system! (I fooled around with octaves actually)
Shape:      E          D          C            A                G
F=       (133211)(xx3565)(x87565)(x81010108)(1312101013)

Yeah... but can you show me an example of a dominant 7th apreggio with notes please?     

Offline JB95

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 05:21:55 pm »
Thanks to the Guitar Pro software and it's great scale, chord and arpeggio list, I finally understood this!
However, there is this one thing that bother me; how come 7ths are not included in the list?
I got the latest version of Guitar Pro (6) and I'd be shocked if something like that is lacking from software!
Something that could be it is 7 tetrachord, which is dominant, and the stuff below the notes (if the root note is C) says P1,M3,P5,M7, which somehow looks samiliar to what I mentioned in the previous post.
I'm pretty sure on this, but it would be great if someone more experienced could confirm it!

Offline Trevor6666

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 01:39:00 pm »
Hi folks, i have just started learning arpeggios, and i wanted to play eric claptons wonderful tonight all in arpeggios, my chords are G D C Em  for these chords do i play G D C Dominant 7th arpeggios and a Em arpeggio or G D C Major arpeggios with a Em arpeggio, and maybe mix in the Em penatonic? Im a bit stuck on what to play to make it sound good.
Any help would be great as im learning and enjoying.
Thanks.

Offline shadowscott007

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 66
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 10:30:10 pm »
Well if you want to stay completely in key (based on the chords you listed, not me listening to the song) I would go with:

Gmaj7, Cmaj7, D7, and Em7.

And to be nit picky I would be thinking Gmaj pentatonic rather than Em pentatonic, but since they have the same notes... like I said I'm just being nit picky.

Shadow
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.