Author Topic: TE-005 • String Bending  (Read 52716 times)

Offline misterg

• Transcribing Beta Testers
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 109
  • Wales, UK
Re: TE-005 • String Bending
« Reply #285 on: October 12, 2012, 03:27:55 pm »
@xgreenjacket,  Look at the lesson again.  Justin uses his middle and/or index finger to move the upper string out of the way.   :)

thanks but i'm not sure thats a conscious thing he does...

I believe it is.

It is the way to stop the next string sounding - you need to use the 1st and/or 2nd finger to gently push the next string out of the way, and then to release it gently when you release the bend to avoid the pull-off sound (muting with your palm also helps).

It's just something that falls into place with careful practice.

I find that there is a sweet-spot for the action: Too high, and your fingers slip under the next sting; too low, and you can't get a good 'grip' on the string you're bending - it seems to slip under the finger you're trying to bend it with.

HTH

Andy

Offline HHT20

• Positive Vibrations: 0
« Reply #286 on: December 12, 2012, 05:11:23 pm »
Hi. I've just started to play an electric guitar. So when i do a bend, the string above the string that i am bending, starts ringing. Any suggestions on how to stop that? its very irritating.

Offline sixstringgit

• Positive Vibrations: 0
« Reply #287 on: February 04, 2013, 10:43:43 am »
Hey people,

I've noticed that when I bend a string that the third segment of my finger (proximal phalanx) hits the bottom of of the neck. Is this technique fine or should the top of my palm (just before the crease meeting the ring finger) be hitting the bottom of the neck?

Cheers.