Author Topic: TB-002 • How To Tune Your Guitar (advanced)  (Read 18401 times)

Offline tigertrone

• Positive Vibrations: 0
Re: TB-002 • How To Tune Your Guitar (advanced)
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 01:05:43 pm »
hi again . this is my 2nd q :
sometimes when I'm trying to tune up the 2nd string , the tuner in guitar mode shows 7B ( instead of 2B ) and in chromatic mode shows B2 ( instead of B3 ) . I have the same problem with 1st string . the guitar mode shows 6E ( instead of 1E ) and the chromatic mode shows E2 ( instead of E4 ) ! what shall I do then ? loosening the string ? tightening the string ? what's the problem ?

Offline Cue Zephyr

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 50
  • I've got the same guitar!
    • MySpace
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 01:12:50 pm »
I'd get a new tuner. :P

Just try tuning to what the tuner says - does that sound OK when you do?

Offline Overclasshero

• Positive Vibrations: 1
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 09:01:49 pm »
Hi, I'm using an acoustic guitar here and these harmonics of 5th fret to 7th doesn't seem to sound strong enough on my guitar. I heard about using 12 fret(6th string harmonic) to 7thfret(5th string note itself..)for acoustic.. Could i be able to count on this way of tuning too? Or is that the "scientificly inaccurate stuff.." TY

Offline jacksroadhouse

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 48
    • Acoustic Passion Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 10:05:59 pm »
The harmonic at the 12th fret (open string) just gives you the same note one octave higher (12th fret is roughly the center of the string). So 6th string 12th fret harmonic (in standard tuning) gives you an E3, as if you play the 4th string 2nd fret.

Offline mouser9169

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 32
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 11:37:14 pm »
hi again . this is my 2nd q :
sometimes when I'm trying to tune up the 2nd string , the tuner in guitar mode shows 7B ( instead of 2B ) and in chromatic mode shows B2 ( instead of B3 ) . I have the same problem with 1st string . the guitar mode shows 6E ( instead of 1E ) and the chromatic mode shows E2 ( instead of E4 ) ! what shall I do then ? loosening the string ? tightening the string ? what's the problem ?

1) make sure you're interpreting what the tuner says correctly. 2B is a very low note (the 2nd B on a piano keyboard).

2) Some strings cause harmonics to ring out in the others, so you may want to try muting the other strings while you're tuning.
Mouser's Rules of Music:

1) Always Trust your Muse.
2) See Rule 1)